Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes

Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes - Hello Friend Party Recipes, In the article you read this time with the title Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of Article posting Article 1930s, Article Miss. Lemon, Article Poirot, Article Vintage Outfit Post, Article Vintage Style Icon, We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes
link : Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes

Please also read


Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes

First I want to thank everyone who was so kind about Tuvok's picture and name worries in my last post.  To be clear, I don't really expect anyone to recognize his name, that be silly, and I dont want anyone to think I am offended.  I just find it kind of funny that so many people think his name is Tuna!   I even briefly considered changing his name right after we got him and the confusion started, but I love his name.  I just think the groomer who gets 90$!!!! should learn his name. 

Since I had this blog on hiatus for a few months last fall I have kind of a glut of vintage outfit posts to share, and here is another.  It's a 1930s fall/winter dress from Sew Vintage Seamstress inspired by one of my favorite fictional vintage style icons, Miss Lemon from Poirot.  




Miss Lemon as played by the lovely Pauline Moran is inspirational in so many ways.  She isn't an ingenue or a titled lady, she is a working woman in early middle age, yet she looks fantastic all the time!  Poirot must be paying his secretary quite handsomely for her afford all of these fabulous clothes.  



And of course Miss Lemon is worth it, she is clearly very clever and like Poirot hyper organized and more then a bit obsessive.   Another thing I love about Miss Lemon is her fondness for cats.  She rightfully tosses aside one suitor, due to his dislike of felines.  It really saddens me that Miss Lemon faded from view in the later seasons of Poirot and I really think the series went down hill after her departure.

The set and costume design in Poirot, particularly in its earlier seasons when it was perfection.  I love how Miss Lemon's clothing picked up on aspects of the stories.  For example, in the episode The Adventure of The Egyptian Tomb,  Miss Lemon has a stunning grey dress with pyramid details.







This is the dress I had Sew Vintage Seamstress copy and she did an amazing job, right down to the buttons!   It looks just like Miss Lemon's.   

Of course accessories have the power to change an outfit and as I promised in the title of this post I'll show this dress two ways with different accessories.  The first pictures show how I wore there dress on a cold winter day, January 1st in fact.  I paired it with thick winter tights and a hat Ive had for a few years from Captaine Crochet, you can find her on instagram.



I also added my halloween cat pin because Miss Lemon love's cats!


Obligatory cat pic:

The second look is from a warmer day.  I paired the dress with a 1930s hat and a gold deco belt that was a generous gift:





My favorite thing about this dress is the amazing details.    I think I like the second outfit best, and thats probably how I'll usually wear this dress which is definitely on its way to being one of my favorites.   

Outfit Details
Dress: Sew Vintage Seamstress
Burgandy Hat-Captain Crochet (find her on Facebook or instagram)
Cat Pin-Mrs. Polly's Lucite
Low Heeled Shoes-American Duchess
Gloves-Thrifted
Black and White Cloche-I can't remember!
Heart Hat Pin-Merriweather
High Heeled Black Pumps-Remix Vintage Shoes


Declares the articles Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes

Shat is all articles Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article Vintage Outfit Post-Miss Lemon's Dress,Two Ways - Party Recipes with the link address https://blogpartyrecipes.blogspot.com/2016/08/vintage-outfit-post-miss-lemon-dresstwo.html