Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes

Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes - Hello Friend Party Recipes, In the article you read this time with the title Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of Article posting Article 1940s, Article 1960s, Article Around Town, Article modern purveyors of vintage, Article Vintage Outfit Post, We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes
link : Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes

Please also read


Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes

As I wrote in this post there are plenty of options for vintage style casual looks. One of my absolute wardrobe staples is a good pair of overalls. 




 Overalls where frequently worn by women working in the war effort during the 1940s.  Women working in factories and on farms needed comfort and function.   Which overalls provided in abundance.  



What worked for comfort then, works today as well.  You might not be welding weapons in a factory or growing food for the troops but overalls are perfect for any number of modern day pursuits.   I've had my 1940s style overalls from Nudee Dudee for several years now and I wear them frequently to walk my dogs, bike, garden, and loaf around the house.  Since my job allows for causal clothing, I've worn them to work too.   

Since I sport then so routinely I'm sure I've worn them in photos on the blog before, but I've never done a post devoted to them, and it seems overdue.  

This past Saturday I wore my overalls to bike out to Brooklyn for a visit with my father in law a trip to my favorite restaurant,  Brooklyn Pharmacy.


I paired my overalls with a 1940s style blouse from the Black Pinafore, my Remix 1940s style canvas wedges, a 1940s novelty doll purse, and a big knit turban from Arthelia's Attic.






The Nudee Dudee overalls have a really nice silhouette with comfy wide legs and an era appropriate high waist.  Since I'm a big believer in freedom of fashion expression, I try not to ever comment negatively on anyone's wardrobe choices , but I do not understand the trendy for skinny legged pants.  They look so uncomfortable and are not very flattering unless your a twig.  My overalls are a bit wrinkled here, but then they are overalls and not meant to be pristine.  



The knit Turban hat fro Arthelia's Attic is pretty amazing too.   When I first got it I was afraid I wouldn't have the guts to wear it but now I absolutely love it.   I'm sure it will be appearing on here again.    

Saturday's springy weather was perfect for bike riding and getting to a Brooklyn  was a breeze.



I couldn't resist taking a photo on the Farmacy's adorable pink benches.



I had an Almond Joy Sundae which was insanely good.



Fun fashion for a fun day!



Outfit Details

1940s Style Overalls-Nudee Dudee
1940s Style Blouse-The Black Pinafore
1940s Style Knit Turban-Arthelia's Attic
1940s Style Canvas Wedges-Remix Vintage Shoes
1940s Doll Purse-WKay Vintage
Bakelite Bangles-Brighter Bakelite
1960s Novelty Puzzle Piece Brooch-The now defunct easy shop Wacky Tuna


Declares the articles Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes

Shat is all articles Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article Vintage Outfit Post-1940s Casual All Over Overalls - Party Recipes with the link address https://blogpartyrecipes.blogspot.com/2016/08/vintage-outfit-post-1940s-casual-all.html