Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes

Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes - Hello Friend Party Recipes, In the article you read this time with the title Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of Article posting Article 1950s, Article 1960s, Article Kitsch, Article mid century, Article modern purveyors of vintage, Article Vintage Outfit Post, We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes
link : Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes

Please also read


Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes

When I first started wearing vintage four years ago there was one item I was fairly confident I'd never step into�.a petticoat.




For one thing when I started my vintage journey I was mostly into  1920s, 30s and 40s looks and petticoats weren't worn during those decades.  I also thought that the petticoat was too costumey and too young for me.  However, this is a definite case of never say never.  These days as I get more into 1950s and 60s looks I've fallen in love with the petticoat.  As my friend the super talented vintage blogger, Jessica Cangiano, writes about in this great post, petticoats can make a look.  Full skirted 1950s style dresses will just never reach their mid century glory without a crinoline or petticoat underneath them.   I think this point is amply demonstrated in these photos of my Bernie Dexter dog print dress.  Bernie's 1950s repro dresses are just made for petticoats.  

Without a petticoat my dog print dress is for me, at least, pretty understated, not really a full on vintage look and work appropriate for my teaching job.






The dress had so much dog stuff going on I had to add my mink cat brooch, because after all I'm a cat mom too.



Add a petticoat and the dress steps right over the line into 1950s fabulousness.





50's women really new what they were doing with this silhouette, its fun and flattering, a wide skirt can have a slimming effect on the waist.  Bernie's dresses are great because they work with and without petticoats and everyone loves options. Personally, I prefer the petticoat.



Petticoats are also great for adding a touch of color to an outfit.  I have a red one that I love wearing with my Trashy Diva rocket dress



It really takes the dress to the next level.  Jessica is a petticoat expert and lists plenty of sources for the fab garment here.  Personally I have three petticoats. My back and white ones are from amazon and my red one is from mod cloth. I love them all, but the Mod Cloth one is better quality.  

One caveat pay attention to your height when ordering, I always get a short petticoat since I'm only 5'1 a regular length petticoat would be ankle length on me.  



Petticoats are just so much fun its hard not to smile while wearing one.   




Outfit Details

Dog Print Dress-Bernie Dexter 
Rocket Dress-Trashy Diva
Red Shoes-Miss L Fire
Black Flats-Amazon
Black Petticoat-Amazon
Red Petticoat-Mod Cloth
Black Sequin Cardigan-Thrifted
Mink Cat Brooch-Thrifted


Declares the articles Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes

Shat is all articles Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article Don't Fear The Petticoat - Party Recipes with the link address https://blogpartyrecipes.blogspot.com/2016/08/don-fear-petticoat-party-recipes.html