Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes

Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes - Hello Friend Party Recipes, In the article you read this time with the title Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of Article posting Article 1950s, Article Marilyn Monroe, Article Vintage Beauty, Article vintage hair, Article vintage style, We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes
link : Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes

Please also read


Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes

Recently, roughly 4 years after beginning my foray into vintage style, I'm experience something of a seismic fashion shift.  I was first drawn to vintage because of my love of 1930s styles.  Particularly the looks sported by Ginger Rogers and the fictional Miss Lemon on Poirot.



I sported 1920s and 40s looks too, but the 30s was my decade of choice.



These days the 1930s remains my favorite fashion decade but four years into wearing vintage I've realized that clothing from this era just might not be the most practical.  Authentic clothing that is 80 years old is extremely hard to find a very, very delicate. 


This dress only survived a few wearings before the seams became too fragile to wear




 Plus the repro options for 30s looks are limited exclusively to custom made which can be pricey and time consuming.   


So for those reasons I've recently been getting more and more into 1950s fashions.  Fifties clothes are fun and practical, there really is nothing more comfortable to wear then a full skirt, and both the genuine vintage and reproduction options are less expensive and more plentiful.    Plus the older I get, I'll be forty in two years, the more I'm drawn to fun fashion, particularly the whimsical novelty prints of the 1950s and the kitschy purses and accessories.  I guess I'm getting less mature with age.


This change has presented something of a hair crises.  I have absolutely no hair styling skills what-so-ever!   For years I had a pixie cut and didn't even own a hair dryer or a brush.    When I got first got into vintage I had a sort of short bob that could work with 20s and 30s looks and was very easy to style.

It worked for 50s looks to,  but I get  bored easily.  Lately  I've been looking at so many fun 50s fashion images that I'm really craving, curly mid-century hair.   My current dream hair is a 1950s style bob with bangs.  (Bangs are my gaur security blanket).




I love this ladies hair.  It's styled but not stiff.  
  



Vintage blogger Tasha of By Gum, By Golly has an amazing version:



What I love about this cut I think it could be styled for any decade from the 20s to the early 60s, and I certainly don't plan to give up my 30s looks completely.

I need to change my hair cut to get this look, and I'll need to grow my hair longer in the back then in the front, the reverse of what I have now.  However, length and cut is only half the bottle.  This look requires some styling skill and hair rollers.  I'm very, very new to vintage hair and my attempts are beyond amatuerish.  I joined the face book Vintage Updos For Modern Girls and those ladies are pros!  I've learned a lot but I still have a long way go to.

I began my vintage hair experiments with some pillow soft rollers I bought at the drug store.  I was hoping they'd be comfy to sleep in.  After washing my hair I just combed through some motions setting lotion and then twisted it up in the rollers (an interesting look).




I slept on it that night, not really all that comfy  but not agonizing, and this was the result the first day.






Not too bad, but not great.   Sadly by the afternoon the curls where seriously deflating.   I don't think the humidity helped.  

I don't wash my hair every night so that evening I just spritzed it with water to dampen it and then re-set it in the rollers.   The next morning  I was pretty pleased with the results.




It's a still a long way from perfect.  There is frizz going on and I don't quite have the curl height I wanted, but I'm going to keep practicing.  The curls don't seem to last long and I just don't love sleeping on rollers.  1950s ladies must have been slaves to their hair!  I'm determined to find an every day vintage look that will work quickly and well.   Any tips are appreciated!  

























Declares the articles Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes

Shat is all articles Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in posting other articles.

You are now reading the article Adventures in Vintage Hair-Pillow Soft Rollers - Party Recipes with the link address https://blogpartyrecipes.blogspot.com/2016/07/adventures-in-vintage-hair-pillow-soft.html